Membership of the British Society of Master Glass Painters
The British Society of Master Glass Painters (BSMGP) serves as both the professional body for practitioners, researchers and teachers of stained glass and a focus for its study. Its membership is largely in the UK, but the BSMGP also has a growing number of international members.
Membership is available to all those with an interest in stained glass including:
- Professional stained glass designers and craftspeople
- Conservators and restorers of stained glass
- Full- and part-time students of stained glass
- Art historians and researchers of stained glass
- Collectors of stained glass
- Amateur craftspeople and those with a general interest of stained glass
- Libraries, museums and other institutions are also eligible (for institutional membership – please contact the Secretary for details).
The benefits of BSMGP membership
Benefits of the annual subscription to the British Society of Master Glass Painters include:
- Networking and forum – now with over 600 members
- Invitations to events, with members’ discounts: exhibitions, lectures by leading artists and researchers, Christmas dinner
- Annual touring conferences – recent venues include Cambridge, East Yorks, Worcester & Gloucester, Glasgow, Winchester ...
- Quarterly newsletters, including situations vacant
- Illustrated online portfolios (of accredited members' work)
- Access to BSMGP Reference Library
- Journal of Stained Glass – promoting new work to the public, with full-length articles on the history of stained glass and profiles of major contemporary artists and commissions. (Back issues of the Journal are available to members at discounted prices.)
(Note: discounted rates are available for the over 70s and full-time students of stained glass at recognized UK institutions - see the online Application Form in this section for eligibility, or contact the Secretary for details.)