T  T  T
brushes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danbeal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: brushes Reply with quote

Im interested to know what types of brushes people use and where they get them from.The reason im pondering this is that i recently bought a mop from a stained glass supplier and the quality was unbelievably bad compared with the old mops i use made by gerrand which i cant find any more.I use handover series 99 kolinsky sable for tracers,various differnt hog hair scrubs and which ever badger blenders come to hand.Most of the brushes i have are so old now i cant remember where i got them from....any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated,cheers,dan
annsotheran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan - I like brushes from Cornelissen in Great Russell St. I use sable in quills for tracing, crow for small work up to large duck or small goose for bolder work. they have a very good point, hold a fair bit of pigment, and don't wear down so fast with being in quills. They have other ranges too which look equally good but all my other main brushes are cherished hand-me-downs (english stipplers, my 3" badger etc) except for scrubs, hogs and flats which I get from any local art shop because they wear down so fast.
Hope this is some use
danbeal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 4 your repley,ive just been looking at their website and it seems they stock quite a few brushes which would be of use 2 me,thanks again.
Anyone else out there with brush preferences please proffer your wisdom,im all ears,dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: