T  T  T
Installing a panel behind a double glazed window

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogersargent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Installing a panel behind a double glazed window Reply with quote

I've had a request to make a stained glass panel for a domestic window and to install it internally, ie behind, an existing double glazed window. My intention is to fix it using beading either side of the panel. Are there any constraints I should be aware of, eg ventilation etc? Obviously the panel will not 'read' well when viewed from the outside but this is not an issue for the client.
simonthomas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger.

Sorry this is a little late. How did the project pan out - was it successful?

Placing a leaded light against the inside face of double glazing is fairly common in the hobby end of things, and (given the ever-increasing barrage of building regs) I guess more likely to become the only means of installation in most domestic buildings.

I'm sure you're aware, but there are small plastic clips such as http://www.tempsfordstainedglass.co.uk/stained-glass-supplies/designer-glass-clips.html which might assist and would enable the client to remove the the panel for cleaning without risk of damage.

Simon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: