T  T  T
Courier companies that will take glass?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angharadwhitfield

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Courier companies that will take glass? Reply with quote

Hello- hope it's OK to post this here.
I need to find a courier that will transport glass & I've had a look at quite a few websites but most companies say they won't take glass or that they can't guarantee its safety. Has anyone had experience of sending glass this way & can recommend a company?
It's only for a small panel so it's not bulky or particularly heavy.
Thanks!
keithhill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: couriers for glass Reply with quote

Angharad - That's a good question and I'm sure lots of us have had the same problem without discovering an answer.
In the past I have used TNT who will carry glass but they don't offer insurance; neither will they pay compensation for damage.
Their link is:-

http://www.tnt.com/country/en_gb/about/tnt-internet-solutions/check.html

For a small panel I knock up a simple packing crate - two sheets of 6mm plywood with 2" by 1" softwood sides - glued and screwed to form a box.
The enclosed panel is wrapped; securely taped to a matching-size piece of hardboard or thin ply, and then packed with plenty of bubble wrap or the like - to absorb knocks, before screwing the box-lid down.
This has worked well for me, but I accept there is always an element of risk.

Good luck........Keith Hill
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: