T  T  T
Stained glass at St Oswald's, Bidston

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterjones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Stained glass at St Oswald's, Bidston Reply with quote

A month or so back I visited St Oswald, Bidston (on the Wirral) to see a Trina Cox window. I photographed several of the windows and sent the digital files to the church. I have just realised that some of them are now on their website. They are at:
http://www.stoswaldsbidston.com/ ,click on the stained glass, bottom right (it can be run as a slide show).

However, the photographs are not labelled, so, in case anyone is interested and if I have got it right, photo (2) shows the reredos by Salviati, (3) is the east window (I am not sure who designed it), (4) (6) are the nativity by Trina Cox (look at the detail of the 3 wise men!), (7) is by H. Gustave Hiller, (8) is by Robert Anning Bell, (9) is Morris & Co. (1912) and (10) is a Powell window (according to the Cheshire Pevsner) designed in 1882 by Henry Holiday (according to Armstrong, B & W, 2006).

5/12/08: The photographs are now labelled, but technology has caused a problem. To view the photos, right click on the icon on the page and "open in a new window". All I can say is - that works for me on my computer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: