T  T  T
stained glass in Wales

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterjones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: stained glass in Wales Reply with quote

There are lots of references out there about stained glass in parts of England (especially the south of England) in books and online. Wales is not so well represented. But have a look at:
Imaging the Bible in Wales Database
http://imagingthebible.llgc.org.uk//main.php?func=search
This is a great database of biblical art in Wales, including lots of stained glass. It is not complete, but it is growing as the organiser (Martin Crampin) finds time and money. There are pictures of windows by Christopher Whall, Veronica Whall, Hugh Arnold, Mary Lowndes, A J Davies, etc., as well as work by Comper, Geoffrey Webb, Wailes etc. (no photos of glass by Kempe or Christopher Webb yet). There are even pictures of Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd windows in Colwyn Bay just 10 miles from where I live and I did not know about them!

I hope he can find the funds to enlarge the database, and apparently there is the possibility of a book in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: