T  T  T
Conservation/ Restoration Forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> Conservation and restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenclare

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Conservation/ Restoration Forum. Reply with quote

I want to use this forum page to act as a conduit for information in the conservation/restoration field.
I will begin by offering to forward summaries of the papers from the forthcoming conference in Namur-Belgium on the 14th June relating to conservation issues in 19th century glass. I am not attending personally, but Dan Humphries and Helen Chick from my workshop are attending, as are many of you. If like me you can not attend due to pressures of work, limited places at the conference etc. this does not mean that you should miss out on the important information which will be made available at the conference. Contact me at stained.glass@tiscali.co.uk if you would like this material- ideal for CPD!
Secondly I am very interested in anyone that has been recently involved the conservation of 20th century glass recently. Dalle de Verre, applique etc etc.Have you developed any conservation/restoration techniques for such work which you might be prepared to speak about at a future conference?
Please contact me about this if you have any interesting possibilities.
Lastly for now I think it would be very useful if we could log any projects we are working on at present so that colleagues working on similar projects can touch base and compare notes on conservation approach/techniques etc. etc.
Holy Well Glass is presently working on fascinating 18th Century glass from St George's |Chapel windsor, Urswick Chantry- makers as yet unknown. I post images of this to see if it rings any bells with any of you.

best wishes Steve Clare. chairman Conservatiion committee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> Conservation and restoration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: