T  T  T
Bernard Seaton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crwyard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Bernard Seaton Reply with quote

Bernard Seaton died on April 13th at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
I know there quite few stained glass artists (Paul Quail and Nicola Kantorovitz are two)who have employed him as a glazier and fixer. For thirty years I had relied on him for all my projects, until about four years ago,when he contracted a heart condition - initially a cancer which affected his heart muscle which was treated but which left him severely weakened. He was quiet, modest and very skilled and he never left me with a problem. He preferred to work alone - when I asked him to fix 18 windows in Kings College Chapel, London, he was was presented with a yard long list of regulations and conditions, hardly any of which he could comply with ( he was not 'company' for a start). He ignored it, went in on his own and finished the work impeccably and no questions were asked. I think this was because he exuded a quiet self confidence and quickly gained the respect of contractors and foremen. I have sorely missed his assistance in recent years. Now I miss him as a friend as well.
Joe Nuttgens
Post new topic   Reply to topic     BSMGP Forum Forum Index -> Other notices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: