Click to view enlarged version of image
Jennifer-Jane Bayliss Associate
I have been a practising Stained Glass Artist, designer, restorer and conservator since establishing my studio in 1985. I love to work figuratively as well as with flora and fauna but am equally at home with abstract designs. My strong appreciation of colour combines with a versatile style of designing. I am sensitive to the client's needs, leading to a mutually satisfying end result. My many original and innovative ideas are readily expressed in glass and can be found in numerous religious buildings as well as corporate offices and domestic situations.
Restoration is an important, challenging and rewarding part of my studio's work, many projects having been successfully completed under the aegis of Historic Scotland.
- 1991: Aberdeen Royal Hospitals - Maternity Chapel Window
- 1994, 1997: Ferryhill Church, Aberdeen - Piper Alpha and Steele Memorial Windows, Unity Window
- 2000: Macduff Parish Church - Elizabeth Mantell Memorial Window, linking the Scottish Church with their mission in Malawi
- 2000: Tritech International Ltd 'Colossus' commemorating the first programmable computer
- 2001: Migvie Chapel, Tarland, Aberdeenshire - 3 windows (Aberdeenshire Civic Award 2002). Design collaboration with Peter Goodfellow