Click to view enlarged version of image
Emma Butler-Cole Aiken Associate
Since studying stained glass at Edinburgh College of Art in the 1980s, Emma has made over 50 stained glass windows.
Everything hinges on drawing. Inspiration comes from many sources and each idea is explored in a variety of drawing media - sometimes collaged, overlapped and often abandoned - before a design for glass takes shape.
Traditional materials and techniques are used in a painterly way, enabling the glass to sing.
- 2015: St Cuthbert’s Church, Colinton, Edinburgh ‘Window of Peace’
- 2015: Edinburgh – private home ‘Celtic Journey’ series of 19 kitchen panels
- 2013: Whitburn South Church, Whitburn, West Lothian ‘Windows of Blessing’
- 2010: St. Fillan’s Church, Aberdour ‘Celtic Cross’
- 2010: Acharacle Primary School, Argyl ‘Birch Jewels’ and ‘Resipol’
- 2009: Broxburn Parish Church, West Lothian ‘Dove of Peace’ Rose window
- 2008: Carlops Church, Peeblesshire ‘Living Water’
- 2007: Fort William Medical Centre, Fort William ‘Compassion’ and ‘Memories’
- 2005: Elderslie Church, Elderslie ‘The Word of God’