Redbourne Church, Lincs, East window., The Opening of the Sixth Seal., c.1835, attributed to John Martin (1789-1854)
Click to view enlarged version of image
Keith Barley Fellow
I established Barley Studios in 1973 and have developed a practice that offers a complete service in conservation, restoration and the creation of stained glass windows by studio artist Helen Whittaker MA AMGP. I have won prestigious awards for the conservation of medieval stained glass and developed an environmental protective glazing system that has been adopted by major conservation studios. I believe from conserving medieval glass that the inherent knowledge and experience that created such masterpieces should influence the new windows of today.
I am Master Glazier to Ely Cathedral and have written: the chapter on the Care and Maintenance of Stained Glass in Treasures on Earth, an entry on conservation of stained glass for the Dictionary of Art, and the chapter on the history of repair and conservation of the Medieval Stained Glass of Fairford Parish Church in Life, Death & Art.
- 2005-2001 Selby Abbey. North nave and east wall windows
- 2005-2004 Durham Cathedral. Chapel of the Nine Alters
- 2005-1987 St Mary’s, Fairford, Glos. 28 late medieval windows
- 2004: St Deny's. York. 15th C east window
- 2004: St Olaves Church.15th C south-east corner windows
- 2002: St Neots, Cornwall. St George window
- 2001-1986: Ely Cathedral. Lady chapel, Octagon, north and south nave, north and south transepts, St Catherine’s chapel, north choir and new processional way (in collaboration with Helen Whittaker and Jane Kennedy)