Click to view enlarged version of image
Laura Gilroy Associate
I have been involved in making stained glass for over 12 years; however my love for the medium was encouraged when I was very young by my father - a leaded light craftsman. After completing an advanced fine art course, I achieved my ambition to work in a professional studio environment and received an intensive and valuable "apprentice" style education in stained glass.
I have since established our studio, Gilroy Stained Glass, together with my husband John, a glass painter and craftsman. We undertake a variety of new commissions in this country ranging from domestic panels to ecclesiastical windows for all religious denominations, as well as producing windows to export throughout the United States for a church furnishing company.
We specialise in representational design and figurative painting using traditional and contemporary methods. We also enjoy exploring abstract design, and utilising a wide spectrum of colour, shape and technique where appropriate in all our work.
- 1999: The Church of the Most Precious Blood, Sidmouth, Devon, "The Coronation of the Virgin Mary" - chapel of Our Lady
- 2000: St John the Baptist, Biddisham, Somerset, "Millennium" West window
- 2000: Lady St Mary, Wareham, Dorset, "Motherhood" - South window nearest West
- 2001: All Saints Church, Publopw with Pensford, North-west window
- 2001: Chapel of St Maximilian Kolbe with St Edith Stein and the Holocaust Martyrs, East window
- 2001: All Saints Church, Farnborough, "Nativity" South window, nearest east