When you contact the British Society of Master Glass Painters (BSMGP) or visit its website at bsmgp.org.uk, we undertake to respect your privacy and your personal information in accordance with applicable UK and EU law. The following statement explains the policy of the British Society of Master Glass Painters (BSMGP), as data controller, with regards to your privacy:
- If you purchase items on the BSMGP website or by post: you can pay for membership subscriptions, events, publications and other goods on the website by using your credit or debit card via Paypal, or by printing off the application/order form and sending it to us with your cheque. All personal and card information is held securely and for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of processing your payment or refunding payments, or replying to your posting. We have taken as many precautions as possible to ensure that your payment will be secure and that no one else can access your card details. We shall use other details you supply to us only to enable us to complete your order.
- If you sign up on the website to receive our short-form emailed newsletter: we request your consent to hold your name and email address on our subscription database, in order to send you emailed news as requested; you have the right to cancel at any time by contacting the BSMGP Secretary; please address any request to:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 01643 862807; postal address: BSMGP Secretary, PO Box 15, Minehead, Somerset TA24 8ZX.
We will respond to your contact promptly on receipt of your new information.
- If you become a member of the British Society of Master Glass Painters: we request your consent to hold your name, address, phone numbers, email address and other volunteered information on our membership database. We will hold your personal information on our systems whilst you remain a member, in order to send you your membership information and published literature (Journal, newsletters), and societyrelated news and updates. If you resign your membership or cease to pay subscription for 2 years your membership automatically lapses and your personal information will be removed from the BSMGP membership database immediately.
- Sharing of information: we share your personal information only with your prior consent with other BSMGP members. If a non-member requests your contact details, we forward that request to you. We will share your contact details with non-members, in the following circumstances, with your prior consent: (1) we receive a request from an enquirer wishing to commission a stained glass window; (2) we receive a request for expert advice on a technical or historical issue. It is BSMGP policy not to sell the names or personal information relating to its customers to any third party.
- You have the right to request a copy of any personal information the BSMGP holds about you, by contacting the BSMGP Secretary as above. We will respond to your contact promptly on receipt of your new information.
- If any of your personal information on our database is inadvertently inaccurate or out of date, you have the right to have it corrected by contacting the BSMGP Secretary as above. We will respond to your contact promptly on receipt of your new information.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting the BSMGP Secretary as above. We will respond to your contact promptly on receipt of your new information.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, UK Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Our host web server collects and saves only the information customarily logged by web server software. Analysis of these logs for the purpose of monitoring and assessing traffic to our web site does not identify any individual user personally, and we do not try to identify individuals who browse the site.