Reflections of the Lord Mayor Competition17 February 2020
The deadline for entries for designs is 11pm on 28th February 2020. There is still time to enter your design(s) for this years roundel competition to celebrate two Lord Mayors of London. The winning entries will each receive £750 to make the trophy that will be presented to the Lord Mayors at a gala dinner in June.
The Worshipful Company of Glaziers launched the competition for professional stained glass artists in 2017. The winning artists will make the 9″ roundels and will attend the gala dinner in London.
- The design must feature the words “Reflections of The Lord Mayor” and the year “2020”. It must also feature the name of the Lord Mayor for whom it is intended: Alderman Sir Peter Estlin or Alderman Sir Charles Bowman
- The roundel should be nine inches in diameter and should be leaded, painted, and may include etching and digital printing, or other techniques as appropriate. It should be suitable for display on a stand (see images or incorporated into a lightbox).
- A narrative (maximum 350 words only) that explains your design and suggested fabrication. Artistic description, 150 words maximum; technical description, 200 words maximum.
- The designer’s name, address, email and contact telephone details and confirmation of membership of either the Glaziers’ Company, the BSMGP and/or CGS.
- Confirmation that the design, if chosen, will be produced and delivered by the date required, and to the given budget.
- Confirmation that the winning designer will be present at the gala dinner and presentation on 2nd June 2020 and is willing co-operate with the organisers on event promotional activities and actions as required.
- The client (Reflections of The Lord Mayor) reserves the right to query aspects of the design with the winning entry and negotiate additions/amendments with the artist, if required.
All the details are on the website Reflections of the Lord Mayor