British Society of Master Glass Painters Touring Conferences
The British Society of Master Glass Painters has for many years run an autumn conference weekend exploring in depth the stained glass heritage of the British Isles. It attracts a vibrant mix of stained glass artists, conservators, restorers, historians, researchers and other enthusiasts giving members an opportunity to share their knowledge and experience in a friendly and informal environment. Conferences are planned and led by expert guides in collaboration with members whose local knowledge and connections lead to a fascinating and often unusual programme of events.
Enquiries to Annual Conferences
'STAINED GLASS - the State of the ART'
Monday 7th - Tuesday 8th April 2014
VENUE - Glaziers Hall, London
For further information about this special Event please visit our LECTURES page
Autumn Touring Conference 2014
Thursday 28th - Sunday 31st August
'Hull and the East Riding of England'
Details and booking available Spring 2014
Annual Conference retrospective
- 2013 - Worcester and Gloucester organiesd by Robin Lunn and Roy Albutt
- 2012 - Glasgow ‘Town and Coast - West of Scotland stained glass’ with Peter Cormack and Iain Galbraith
- 2011 - The Wirral and over the waters with Tony Benyon and others
- 2010 - Winchester with Mary Calle and others
- 2009 - Tayside and the Kingdom of Fife guided by Peter Cormack
- 2008 - Bristol and Wells Guides and speakers Tim Ayers, Geoffrey Lane, Steve Clare and David O'Connor.
- 2007 - Lincoln Guides and speakers Jim Cheshire, Penny Hegbin Barnes, Tom Küpperand the Rev. Gordon Plumb.
- 2006 - Manchester Guides and speakers: Dr David O'Connor, Penny Hegbin-Barnes, Wendy and Barrie Armstrong and Neil Moat.
- 2005 - Edinburgh Guides and speakers: Peter Cormack FSA Hon FMGP, Dr Elizabeth Cumming, Douglas Hogg FSA(Scot), FRSA, FMGP, Dr Sally Rush Bambrough, Prof. John Hume OBE
- 2004 - Shropshire and Staffordshire Guides and speakers: Peter Cormack FSA, Hon. FMGP, Martin Harrison FSA, Hon. FMGP, Jane Gray FMGP
- 2003 - Exeter Guides and speakers: Peter Cormack FSA, Hon. FMGP, John Hayward FMGP, Dr David Evans, Mr Andrew Johnson
- 2002 - Aberdeen Guides and Speakers: Peter Cormack FSA, Hon. FMGP. Mike and Jennifer Jane Bayliss AMGP
- 2001 - London Guides and Speakers: Caroline Benyon FMGP, ACR, Tony Benyon, Sarah Brown FSA Hon. FMGP, Dr Donald Buttress, Caroline Swash FMGP, Peter Cormack FSA, Hon. FMGP, Kathy Shaw AMGP, Graham Jones FMGP, Dr Michael Peover
- 2000 – Cork Guides and Speakers: Dr Nicola Gordon Bowe, Debbie Dawson,